This blog is a continuation of 50 Different Channels To Plan Your Content Marketing Strategy: Part 1.0, in which we have discussed about 15 content marketing channels namely:
- Social Media Advertising
- Online Communities
- Press Release
- eLearning/Online Training
Let’s look at what includes in the rest of the list:
Earned channels for driving content marketing strategy
- Vine: Brainchild of Twitter, Vine is an app based social media video platform, with the help of which users can take six-second videos and post them on shared news feed. This free form of advertising beholds huge possibilities for branding a company.
- LinkedIn: LinkedIn company pages have a huge potential for providing value to audience and giving them chance to engage with company’s business, and effectively establishing the brand’s credibility as a trusted resource.
- Google+: Social media marketing professionals often overlook the power of Google, but if used wisely, it is an ideal platform to connect with over a million users.
- Pinterest: Pinterest is a social platform that can create exposure for people beyond followers. It can bring residual traffic for brands for months.
- Tumblr: Tumblr is a place to showcase content and also a place to share it. A good content, picture, animated GIF, or a blog post often gets broadcasted and get the required branding.
- Q&A Sites: Questions and Answers sites like Quora or Yahoo Answers holds a major scope to connect with the consumers directly and answer all their queries. It is a one to one communication channel that yields big branding goals.
- Slideshare: For attracting more than 50 million users every month, Slideshare is one of the favorite content marketing platforms of marketers.
- Instagram: Instagram is a successful example to understand the power of hashtags. Content marketers are setting new standards for branding companies with the use of innovate & engaging hashtags on Instagram.
- Wikis: Wiki content can be used to provide information to the users. It is a highly trusted channel and offers great marketing scope.
- Review Sites: Review sites like Yelp or Trip Advisor are trusted by consumers to read reviews about a particular product or service. Using them as a part of content marketing strategies bring great results.
- Online Communities: To engage with the users and emerge as a thought leader, online communities like inbound.org or Growth Hackers play a crucial role.
Text channels for driving content marketing strategy
There are several text channels (which need no special introduction) that have proven their worth as effective content marketing channels. The list of those text based channels includes:
- Email Copy
- Press Releases
- White Papers
- Case Studies
- Facebook Posts
- Tumblr Posts
- Blog Comments
Graphic channels for driving content marketing strategy
- Infographics: Infographics is information in visual format. Users appreciate learning and they connect with images more as compared to text; hence infographics are effective.
- Photos: The reason is same, images or photos make it easier to connect with the audience.
- Slide Presentations: Slides are completely customizable to fit your needs and can be used in number of different effective ways to communicate with audience.
- GIFs: Gifs are an ideal way to represent moments or emotions which an image cannot.
Audiovisual channels for driving content marketing strategy
- Narrative Videos: Narrative videos or vlogging are more interactive than normal blogs and makes it easier to communicate how to’s about product or services.
- Video Demonstrations: Without leaving your place, video demonstrations can help in demonstrating the working of a product. Consumers pay good attention to video demonstrations and this also make them download videos for future references.
- Podcasts: in the busy life, podcasts has made it easier for people to learn a new thing by just listening. Podcast is truly a promising marketing channel.