This fun little photo/ video sharing app has become a recent rage, where everybody has been spending most of their time ‘snapchat-ting’ activities and news throughout their day. Maybe you do that too.
So, as revealed in a report by Snapchat, there are over 10 BILLION snaps sent out every day by the 100 million users that have registered accounts on Snapchat. So, that’s actually millions of people waiting to see how creative you can get with your photos and videos, which makes it a great platform for those looking to connect with people, like bloggers!
The target audience for Snapchat is mostly those aged between 18 and 34. However, with the increasing popularity, the age group using the app is also continuously evolving. So, these are The top three reasons to why you should get on #Snapchat, especially if you are a #blogger! Click To Tweet
Why do it?
It is a superb chance to connect with your readers on a more personal and authentic level. We have somewhere lost real connections under the pressure to present ourselves and our work as absolutely perfect, that we often end up being someone else in front of our readers. Unlike more formal platforms like Facebook, Instagram or YouTube, Snapchat can be used to tell your readers how similar you are to them, making deeper connections by sharing your unedited self.
#Snapchat enables you to promote yourself or your brand much easily. Click To TweetThis platform is huge and its popularity is only growing. So, while Snapchat won’t allow people to spam your posts with links etc., it is a great medium for endorsing yourself as an influencer in your particular niche.
Snapchat has been introducing some super awesome features that can make you go creative and innovative beyond limits such as the Geofilters and worldwide stories. Moreover, paid Snapchat campaigns are a growing fast trend and most big brands are already on Snapchat. For bloggers, Snapchat can be a whole new revenue stream, where they get to work with brands on affiliate programmes and paid campaigns.
What to do?
The ‘my story’ feature lets you tell a story and making the best of it is completely on you. The following are some you can make it interesting:
- Behind the scenes – Snapchat’s trail story format is ideal for sharing the tribulations that go into creating the perfect blog post, from bloopers to epic fails.
- Product demos and reviews – Short videos for quick product demos and reviews make for interesting content. Plus, adding a cheesy thumbs up or funny hand drawings to show how you feel can be very engaging.
- How to videos – The story feed format can be strategically used for showcasing a step-by-step process that goes into something, cooking, make-up or unboxing.
- Event coverage – Explore new places through your camera lens and let your followers experience the same joy you are experiencing. Cover events and add your twists with the pretty Snapchat filters.
- Entertain – Snapchat is meant to be a little goofy, a bit silly, so go over perfection and just try to put what’s real in front of your followers, making them smile.
Hope this helps you. Finally, I’d just say that don’t miss the boat!